Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - W1 D3 A1/A2/A3

Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts [4 points]

On your blog, post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives (describing words) to tell us about your beast.

My Beast...Scatinnyflage.
My beast is tall as a 80 foot building. It is slim like a stick but yet its bones are thick as a branch. My beast can also go camouflage at random times. My beast is also one of the most terrifying beasts.

Task Description: For this task I had to write a description for my beast. I also had to include adjectives to tell people about my beast. This is my description above I hope you enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: The Secretive Skink [4 points]
Would you like to be a DOC ranger and live with the animals on Great Barrier Island?
On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.
Three pros about working as a DOC ranger:
You get to take care and work with animals.
You've been given a very important job.
You'll be one of the few people who live on an animal reserve island.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three cons about working as a DOC ranger:
There won't be a lot of people to talk or socialize with at work.
You will have protect animals and plants for most of your career.
You'll be living and working on a small based area.
Task Description: For this task I had to list three pros and three cons about working as a DOC ranger. My list is above, these are pros and cons from my opinion. So comment down below what your three pros and cons would be. I hope you enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: The WWF: World Wildlife Fund [10 points]
In 1961, a number of people came together to start an organisation called the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). The main goal of this organisation was/is to protect life on earth. Hundreds of WWF staff work in countries all over the world trying to protect our planet and the animals who live here. To learn more about their amazing work, click on one of the two video links below.

Clip #2: Tigers

Once you have watched the video, go to your blog and, using full sentences, tell us:
1) The name of the animal the WWF is working to save.
2) What the WWF is doing to help the animal.
3) What, if any, success they have had protecting the animal.
1) The name of the animal the WWF is working to save is the 'Freshwater Seals'.
2) The WWF volunteers are working together to make snowbanks that the seals can use.
3) I think that WWF succeeded in my opinion, but I don't know for sure because it didn't say wheter they succeeded or not.

Task Description: For this task I had to write a sentence or two about the questions that were provided about the WWF. My task is above, check it out and then comment below how you would've answered or explained these questions. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Makayla,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team.
    Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts - I really like your beast description, you used a good range of adjectives to make your text interesting and also to create a visual image in my head. Your beast does most definitely looks fierce and powerful and I liked specially the name you gave to it, which somehow links with the beast powers, super cool!
    Activity 2: The Secretive Skink - I would love to work as a Doc ranger to be able to protect our native land and animals, what about you? However, as you already pointed out it would be quite lonely and isolate.
    Activity 3: The WWF: World Wildlife Fund - You did complete the task well and stick to the main points on your answers. Also, I like how you have been honest on your third point on saying that you don't really know if they succeed or not and, to be honest, neither do I! However, I think if they can bring some sort of awareness to the people (like me & you), about how much devastation is climate change creating and how responsible we are to keep this planet going and to reverse the damage that has been done so far, that somehow can be consider as a success, do you agree?
    Keep up with the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete