Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Writing - Text Response

In 'The Sniper' the author had a very unique way of conveying the theme in the opening paragraph. For example the author used many words that related to darkness, so that we'd have a very dark image of Dublin in our minds. For example he wrote "Dublin lay enveloped in darkness but for the dim light of the moon that shone through fleecy clouds, casting a pale light as of approaching dawn over the streets and the dark waters of the Liffey", and with this sentence he described the scene very well. This also tells us that this story will consist of a tragedy or something around those lines.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Makayla,
    It is Bridget here from Yaldhurst Model School/Rimu Class. This blog post stood out to me because you added a picture. In our class we have a peice of paper that says everything that we need to put into a blog. I think that you have ticked most of the stuff off there. But you need to maybe tell us about what this was more. Like, I know it is a peice of writing but what was the writing for.
    Maybe you could add a photo to go with it, or even just a drawing.
    But other than that
    Ka Pai
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. kia ora makayla.Brayden from yaldhurst school.
    I liked this because you put in some of the writing because this is a stuning post.You brought me back to when I wrote poems.Next time you could add a photo because the writing is not that eye catching.
    apart from that.
    good post
    kind regards
    brayden from yaldhurst school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makayla,
    Wow! This description of the book is urging me to get it myself. If I wanted to convince someone to read the book Sniper, I would show them this. Bravo! Bravo!

    This is reminding me of my favourite book series crown of three by J.D Rineheart. It's a great book and I don't want to spoil it for you. There's this one scene where one of the main characters almost get's engolfed by the lake in a huge dark cave. I couldn't find a sample but looking at the ratings, it got a 4/5.

    Next time, I'd try to make the blog pop a bit more with a splash of colour. Putting it into a digital object like slides, powtoon or bitable would help. But besides that it's a good description of the opening.

    Out of 10, how would you rate this book? Hope to see you again. Bye!

    By Mika
    From: Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete