Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - W1 D2 A1/A2/A3

Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]



On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

Would I like to visit Tāne Mahuta?
One day I would love to visit Tāne Mahuta. I would love to visit it since it is well known in NZ. I also want to see why people love it so much. I also would like to visit it so I can do some research on the history of the tree and more.

Task Description: For this task I had to write a paragraph or so saying/explaining if I would like to visit the famous Kauri tree (Tāne Mahuta). I also had to add why or why not I would like to visit it. I hope you enjoy my first task.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]


On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.


In my presentation I had to find three NZ teams that had 'Fern' in their title. So I did but I also added their uniform in. So overall my favourite uniform out of the three was the Football Ferns. I liked their uniform because I liked the white background mixed with the black logos. I loved all of the uniforms but that one was m favourite.


Task Description: For this task I had to post three sports teams with the word 'Fern' in the title, but I also had to add in photos of their uniforms. After that I had to tell which of the three uniforms was my favourite. Then I had to post it on my blog, so here is my task I hope you enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]


On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

Task Description: For this task they provided us with a maths problem. We had to solve it and then post it on our blogs. I did my on google slides so make sure to switch slides. This is my task I hope you enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These were my tasks for Day 2 of Summer Learning Journey. I tried my best to finish it but I took my time so that it isn't rushed. So I hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Makayla!

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I have to say, well done on completing day 2 of the activities already! I really like how you added your own task description to your first activity and how you gave such a detailed explanation on how you solved the math problem! I also like how you described (once again, in detail) what the uniforms of the 3 Fern teams look like. Keep up the amazing work Makayla, I hope to see another post soon!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete