Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

WLJ Activity 1 day 1

One interesting fact that I learnt was...

  • Most kiwi's are discovering a lot of unusual things and then using it to invent their own thing. E.g Electric fences.

  • That maori people voyaged across the sea in their waka's, and now that's the identity of New Zealand. Because they voyaged across the sea and found NZ.

  • New Zealand's European pioneers were brave, rugged and independent. But before they could build farms and community's they had to clear the land, A painstaking and also a dangerous activity. Their isolation and exposure to the elements forced the early New Zealanders to become hardy and multi-skilled.
Image result for new zealand flag

2 comments:

  1. Hi Makayla!

    Welcome back to the holiday blogging programme. It is great to have you blogging with us again this year! I see that you've already posted 3 activity blogs. WOW! You're a star :)

    I really enjoyed reading the three facts that you found about New Zealand. I agree that the indigenous New Zealanders were very brave, rugged and independent. It must have been very difficult for them to find and prepare food, build homes and establish communities hundreds of years ago. I really admire them for their ability to persevere and to survive in the harsh conditions. I often think about what it must have been like for people in my home country of Canada. During the winter it is -30 degrees Celsius and they had to go out hunting and build homes in this weather. Crazy!

    I hope that you will continue to post great blogs this holiday. I'm really looking forward to reading them! I wonder what else you will discover about New Zealand as you go...

    Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raachel

      Thank you for your comment, I agree with you they were very brave, rugged and independent. It would've been really difficult for them I can't imagine me doing that.

      Thank you
      Makayla

      Delete