Pages

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Cross country recount



Walt: structure a recount

On Friday last week we had our school cross country run. It was so tiring and muddy at the same time, and It was really hard and exhausting. Have you ever participated in a cross country run before?
As I was sitting on the hot hard court I was waiting for my turn to run. As the other kids ran I watched them to see who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I was so hot just sitting on the court it felt like I was burning. I really wanted a water so I went for a water, and it felt so nice and cold. I was sitting with a lot of my mates and so we just sang some songs and played some hand games. Then suddenly Mrs Nua called up the year 6 girls to come and get ready to run.

Once we stood at the starting line Mr Burt gave us a pep talk. Once he gave us a pep talk we got ready, then BANG!!! goes the clapper and we all started our cross country run. During the run I got so muddy and tired. I was so hot while I was running and I got a stitch. I was running with my friend Venice, we ran every time we weren’t tired then when we got tired we took a deep long rest. So then I started jogging in the end straight after I had got to the finish line. I had finally finished the race with a big great sprint.

Once I had finished the race I went and got a water because I was huffing and puffing. Then after that I went and saw my aunt's with my other cousins and had a little rest. After I visited my aunt’s I went and sat down with my friends, we sat there and talked about the race until we had to go back to class. After my long and exhausting race I was so tired, and when we got to class we went to our home classes and rested until the bell. Then once the bell went we all went  home and then I got the rest of my life.

Cross country was so hard, I tried my best and I did well. I learnt that when you do cross country that you will get tired. But I also learnt that if you get tired it doesn’t affect your running, you can still run but you just need a little rest and once that rest is over you can start running again. Next time what I’ll do is I’ll jog at the beginning and sprint at the end for a good finish.

Task Description:
For this task I had to write a recount about cross country. I had to write a recount about the cross country that was held at our school, we had to explain what happened on that day. Once I had finished this I had to post it on my blog with a title, WALT, Task Description and labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment