Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2019

The History of K-Pop

K-Pop is a genre of music that is loved by many around the world. K-Pop is viewed in many ways, as they have a variety of artists, producers and entertainments. There are many different artists and groups in K-Pop. For example: BTS, EXO, GOT7, Stray Kids, Astro, Blackpink, K.A.R.D etc. Although K-Pop is a type of music it isn't like any traditional korean folk song, it is very upbeat, hyped up etc.

K-Pop was once listened to back in the days, but sadly it was banned by their Dictator. Slowly it was bought back. But they were only allowed to sing about certain topics. Then later a man had the idea to create a music academy which was aimed to create new K-Pop groups. These academies controlled everything about their artists. After that the Korean government then realized that the idea of K-Pop was a good opportunity to attract tourism and to become better known. They then spent heaps of money to build more stadiums to support the industry.
Image result for kpop exo
Image Attribution:https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EXO_at_Dream_Concert_on_June_3,_2017.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Hi Makayla, It is Albin from Yaldhurst here.
    That blog taught me many things about K-Pop.
    It was amazing.
    To make it more amazing you could add some more information and some more images.
    Kind Regards,
    Albin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Makayla, my name is Chloe I am a year 8 from Yaldhurst Model School.
    Wow this blog post is very good! I really like learning about these bands. I have listened to Kpop and BTS, I found them very good but they weren't really my type. I like more english songs instead.

    I never knew how famous they were because I thought they weren't famous at all. Who do you prefer Kpop or BTS? Have you heard of black pink before? I've listened to them once. I like this blog post because it tells me lots about you.
    Well done
    Kind regards
    - Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makayla. It's Mikael from Yaldhurst school. I really like how you have explained what you like to listen to. And what it means. Next time I think you should day why you like it and why you have told us about it. But it is still a good blog post.

    ReplyDelete