Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tech @ Tamaki - Cooking // Tuna Salad

Today the Year 8's went to Tamaki College for Tech. Today was the first day in our group for our next rotation, our next rotation is Food Tech. In Food Tech we made 'Tuna Salad'. I was partnered with Angel to cook with for Food Tech.

Miss Tuipolotu gave us instructions on what and how to cook our food. After that she let us go and start cooking. The first instruction was to fill up a pot with water, and to add in the pasta. Once we did that we had to turn the stove onto high and put the pot on so the pasta can cook.

After that we had slice and dice that vegetables. The vegetables we had were, red onion, carrot, tomato, spring onion and red capsicum. After we had cut the vegetables, we had to drain the pasta as it was ready. We then had to combine the pasta with the veges.

Lastly we got mayo and tuna from Miss Tuipolotu. We had to mix that together with the veges and pasta. Once we finished our finished product it looked so delicious. Once we finished cooking we had to clean up our kitchens and put everything away. We were then allowed to eat after cleaning. Once we finished eating we then had to wash our bowls, but before that we were allowed to wrap our food to take home. So after wrapping up our food and washing our dishes we were allowed to leave.

Overall I really liked our first day in cooking for tech this year. I really liked the technique we used to cook, but mostly I really liked how our finished product came out. It was so delicious and overwhelming. I'm really excited for next week to see what we will be making.

1 comment:

  1. Bula Vinaka Makayla,
    my name is Jedi and I am a year eight in rimu class. I think that your tuna salad looks delicious and colorful. I think this post is great because you have added a photo and have written a really descriptive description😎. I love that you used time connectives to describe the event and that you also reflected on what happened. Normally when I comment on other blogs I would say to add more to their intro. But not you; that really surprised me (it also made me smile).

    Although I personally thought that to improve this post you could talk about what had happened in a different way. Maybe video yourself talking about what had happened.

    Keep up the great work!
    -Jedi💛

    ReplyDelete