Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

9KME // Akomanga Kaihanga ~ Social Studies Homework

Talofa Lava my name is Makayla. I am a Year 9 student at Tamaki College. I am in a PBL class (Project Based Learning) called Akomanga Kaihanga. It is a group of lucky students who were chosen to be apart of a class that is on a trial run.

In our class we were put into groups to create a project to improve or help our community. I was put into a group with Tiana, Grace, Kurtas, Leiite, Siaosi and myself. Our group is called ‘The Polys’. the main purpose we agreed to focus on was to bring our community together.

To bring our community together we are planning on hosting a Touch Tournament. Our touch tournament will be held every Friday for four weeks. Our touch tournament will have grades from Year 5-6, Year 7-8, Year 9-10, Year 11-13 and a family grade that has no limit on ages. It will be held at The Point England Reserve or the Tamaki College field on different dates.

We are hoping that this project will help bring our community together. We have chosen this project as it can benefit our community by being a source to others around us to create a new friendship, relationship, and bond with others. 

In my opinion, this project is a great and creative idea. I have a feeling that many people will want to participate just for the game. But then they will eventually meet new people and possibly create a new friendship. I am also hoping that old friendships will also blossom more from this tournament. Lastly I am also hoping that I will get to meet new people and create new friendships and bonds.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the homework we were given in Social Studies. It is a small description of my group, who's in my group, What our project it, what issue our group is trying to raise awareness of and more. We also had to include a small introduction of ourselves and how we feel about our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment