Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - W2 D4 A1,A2,A3

Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles [4 points]
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to visit Milford Sound by boat, foot (walking) or air (helicopter). Which option would you prefer?
On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.
If it was me I would choose to go by air. I would go by air because then I get to see the amazing view. I would also go by air because I love going places through planes and air. But at the same time I would also like to go by boat as well because then I get to go through amazing river.
Task Description: For this task I had to explain which of the three options I would choose to take to visit Milford Sound. My explanation is above go check it out and see what you think. After that comment down below what option you'd choose, Well anyways I hope you enjoy!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: It’s All in the Name [4 points]
Rotorua is one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist destinations. It is a city filled with incredible forests, mountain biking tracks, lakes, and geothermal wonders, including hot springs (geysers) and mud pools. One of the most famous geothermal pools is called the Devil’s Bath at Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. It is a neon green pool of stinky water.
Over the years, people have suggested that we come up with a new name for the pool. What do you think we should call it? Take a minute to let your creative juices flow.
On your blog, give us a list of three to five options for the name of this geothermal pool. Put a star (*) beside the name that you like the most.
  • Ogres Soup*
  • Dragon Snots
  • Devils Juice
Task Description: For this task I had to list five names as ideas for a new name for the geothermal pool, Devils Bath. I could only come up with three names, I really liked these names though I thought they were really creative. I need some help with the other two names so if you have any suggestions comment down below, I hope you enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity 3: Picture Perfect [10 points]
While New Zealand is home to some beautiful waterfalls, there are a number of stunning waterfalls in places like Canada and South Africa. In Canada, the largest waterfall is called Niagara Falls. It sits on the border between Canada and the United States of America. Thousands of tourists flock (go) to Niagara Falls every year to see the falls and to have their picture taken in front of this natural wonder. Over the past few years people have started taking ‘selfies’ and posting them online. Do you ever take selfies?
For this activity, choose one of the following three selfies. From left to right: Selfie #1, Selfie #2, Selfie #3
On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.



In this photo a woman is standing on the edge of a building taking a selfie. In my opinion It looks like she is struggling to take the right photo. I think this because it looks like shes trying to get a right angle but she is unstable so she has to be careful. To me it looks like she is in Greece or somewhere on an island. In this photo it looks like she is a tourist that is on a tour. But then she sneaked off to take a selfie. To me after taking this selfie it looks like she ends up falling into the water. For this woman that day was just a normal day until......
Task Description: For this task I had to pick a selfie out of three options. I chose this selfie, after that I had to write a story about this selfie, to score full points we had to make sure the story was 8-10 sentences long. I couldn't do that but this is what I have.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Makayla ,

    Wow , you have created a very cool post. I really enjoyed all of the names you have given to give the Devils Bath and new name. They are very creative. Orges Soup is also my favourite out of the names you have given.

    I just realized that I didn't put the star next to my favourite so opps.

    Keep up the great work!

    Cheers ,
    Leilani.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Makayla,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs. We actually had your teacher Mrs Stone come and visit us yesterday to tell us all about her students’ amazing blogs. It was very interesting and it’s great that I can check your blog out today!

    Tino pai for posting another day of Summer Learning Journey activities. Have you been enjoying the programme so far? Have you got a favourite activity that you have done? I bet seeing the Milford Sounds via helicopter would be spectacular! It would be the quickest way to see the best views possible! If you could go on a helicopter tour of anywhere in the world, where would you go? I think I would go around Hawaii, the active volcanoes and the crystal clear water would be gorgeous!

    Ogre’s soup definitely describing the geothermal pool well. I think there would be many tourists from all around New Zealand and the world that would want to soak in the Ogres Soup. As long as no ogres come along and eat them of course! If you had the chance to visit Rotorua would you want to go and soak in the Ogre’s Soup? I think I would as it is a very unique pool!

    Well done for forming a story about what was going on in the photo, I wonder if anyone from your tour saw was she was doing and told her to get down? I agree that she looks like she is on a very dangerous position while she was taking this photo! I can’t seem to find the real story about this photo but I hope that she didn’t fall! I think you made a good guess that this is in Greece or a similar country. Do you think you would ever want to visit Greece one day?

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete