Pages

Monday 11 April 2016

FiaFia 2016

Walt: organise my ideas into paragraphs and link them together.

Have you ever been to a FiaFia before? Pt England school had a FiaFia event on the 7th of April 2016, heaps of people came and watched. I was so excited but nervous as well.


Do you know what FiaFia is? FiaFia is an event when Pt England school performs cultural dances and other dances in front of a huge audience with heaps of family’s watching. We had FiaFia on Thursday the 7th of April 2016. We had FiaFia on the school field of Pt England school. The whole of Pt England school performed in the groups they picked in the group pick.


For FiaFia I was in Tongan girls. Our tutors name is Marianne she is a parent. I picked to go in Tongan girls because I always go in samoan,but I wanted to try something new. We have been practising for about 5-6 weeks,we danced to Fangai Lupe by Spawnbreezie. We wore tapa’i ngatu and in our hair we had the tekii.


My favourite group was the Kapa Haka group. I liked it because it was so good and they all looked nice, My favourite song that they performed was Kapioioi and Utaina because they put in a lot of effort in it. The girls had to wear black tights,a black T-shirt,puepue and a blue cloak. The boys had to wear no T-shirt,blue feathers on their shoulders and a short puepue.


In FiaFia my thoughts were if I looked nice and did I do the right actions but I think I did well. FiaFia is great and sometime when you're free come to FiaFia. I think you should read this story because it is really cool and you will find out heaps of things about FiaFia.

Task Description:
We had to write 5 paragraphs about FiaFia. We had to also explain what FiaFia is so everyone knows what I am talking about. FiaFia is an event where people perform in front of everyone.



1 comment:

  1. Hi there Makayla,looks like you had a Fantastic time at Fiafia. I also had a great time at Fiafia too. What was your favourite performence,and did you have butterfly's in your stomach before you performed.

    ReplyDelete